As a Commi 3, you will play a crucial role in the kitchen, supporting the chef and other kitchen staff in food preparation and culinary operations. This position is typically an entry-level role in the kitchen hierarchy, where you will have the opportunity to learn and develop your culinary skills.
1. Food Preparation: Assist in the preparation of ingredients and mise en place for cooking. This includes cutting, chopping, marinating, and measuring ingredients according to the recipes and instructions provided.
2. Cooking Assistance: Support the senior chefs and cooks in the cooking process by monitoring cooking times, temperatures, and ingredient quantities. Follow recipes and instructions to ensure consistency and quality in food preparation.
3. Station Setup: Help in setting up the kitchen stations before service, ensuring that all necessary ingredients, tools, and equipment are readily available for the chefs and cooks.
4. Cleaning and Sanitation: Maintain cleanliness and hygiene in the kitchen area, including workstations, utensils, and equipment. Adhere to food safety and sanitation guidelines to ensure a safe and clean working environment.
5. Stock Management: Assist in monitoring and replenishing stock levels of ingredients, spices, and other kitchen supplies. Inform the senior staff when inventory is running low to ensure uninterrupted kitchen operations.
6. Collaboration: Work closely with other kitchen staff, including chefs, cooks, and other commis, to ensure smooth coordination and efficient teamwork in the kitchen.
7. Quality Control: Pay attention to detail and ensure that dishes are prepared according to the established standards of taste, presentation, and portion size.
8. Learning and Development: Continuously learn and improve culinary skills by actively participating in training programs and seeking feedback from senior kitchen staff.
- Previous experience in a similar role or culinary training is preferred but not mandatory. Freshers with a passion for cooking are encouraged to apply.
- Basic knowledge of food preparation techniques, culinary terms, and kitchen equipment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well within a team.
- Flexibility to work in shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to maintaining high-quality standards.